Working Girl by A.E.Woodward

***WARNING-THIS NOVEL CONTAINS MATURE SUBJECT MATTER. INTENDED FOR 18+ AUDIENCE*** 
Life As I Know It: 
Booze 
Drugs 
Gambling 
Easy Women 
Such was my life in fabulous Las Vegas. But what do you expect when you’re the daughter of a prostitute. This is not the life I want for myself, and I have a plan. 

Life As I Want It: 
Go to college. 
Get my degree. 
Get as far from Vegas as possible. 

But life has other plans. Plans that include him. Life isn’t always sunshine and roses and even the best laid plans change. 

This is my story. The story of a girl who thought she had it all figured out until life threw her a curve ball. My name is Presley and I refuse to be just another Working Girl.



Review:

Darn you A.E Woodward, why must you make me cry?! 

I hated that Presley had to go through so much, she was a young woman that deserved a life that wasn't tainted by so much ugly and hurt, no one should ever have to live through the things that she did. I'm so happy that she had her best friend Chrissy and Emerson to help guide her out of the cold darkness threatening to swallow her. 

Chrissy, what a strong, kind and awesome character! No matter what was thrown at her and Presley, she always went above and beyond to protect her best friend. Plus some of the things she said were hilarious! 

Emerson, gorgeous sweet Emerson, a truly perfect book boyfriend. The poetry, dear good lord, a man that recites poetry and even writes a little of his own, somebody catch me because my knees have become weak. He definitely knew all the right things to say to get a girl to fall in love. Every word that he said and his every action shined with a unique kind of light, that was impossible to dull and left behind a beautiful warmth wrapped around my heart.

All three of these characters are truly amazing, however there were others in the story that were not. One in particular was so truly disgusting and evil, that I almost crushed my kindle gripping it so hard with anger. He was a repulsive man that deserved nothing good in life. 

Working Girl picked me up and threw me around, it was rough, it was painful but the pages that caught me with a warm embrace made it totally worth it.

4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment