Running on Empty by L.B.Simmons

I had the perfect life.

Beautiful and loving husband.Three gorgeous little girls.
Successful career.

The only thing missing was the white picket fence. I really wanted that fence.

Three years ago, I lost that life. I lost my husband. And I lost myself. But, eventually, I found my way through the darkness. I’ve made peace with my new life. I have my girls, and that’s all that matters. They are my world. I have no illusions of ever falling in love again or getting whisked away on a white horse.

But then he came back into my life. On a freakin’ motorcycle.

There’s no way I’ll let him turn my life completely upside down. Absolutely no way.

The question is…

How long can I keep pretending that I’m happy with my life being right-side up?




Review:
   Alex is a widower trying to raise her three young girls, help co-run a business and move on in a world without the love of her life. Though she struggles in the beginning, with the help of an awesome best friend and a blast from the past she eventually starts really living again.

    When Alex talked about moments spent with her husband or how she was struggling to live without him I cried so many tears, though the amount of strength she showed for her girls was so incredible that I also cried happy tears. Although she had times where she did not feel at her best, she never let her girls see it and was always trying her best to make them happy.

    Harlow, Alex's best friend and business partner, is awesome! Constantly helping Alex out with the girls and looking out for her best friend in times of need. When she feels as though she can't help Alex as much as she had wanted, she calls an old friend; Blake Morgan.

     Blake is such a great guy! Kindhearted, funny and caring, he is a gorgeous person that would have done anything for Alex when they were kids and would still do everything for her.

   Running on Empty is such a lovely story, though heartbreaking in parts it was also so uplifting. A story of a beautiful hearted woman finding her way back to living for her own happiness and not just for those around her.

No comments:

Post a Comment