The Legend of Arturo King by L.B. Dunbar

He's a living legend.
I'm a rock god. It's no secret.
My band, The Nights, got our start playing at the Round Table in NYC.
I always wanted to be the king of Rock & Roll.

I just had no idea how close I already was.
Being raised in a foster home, I didn't know the extent of my inheritance.
Hell, I didn't even know I had anything.
And now, I've got it all.
But there is still one thing I want,
Guinevere DeGrance.

She's hiding in the wings.
I'm the opposite of him.
Quiet and reserved, always avoiding the limelight.
All I wanted was to play the cello, but trained for society,
I was forced into his spotlight.
Thrown into his crowd--with all eyes on me.
And I couldn't resist.

He's talented and sexy, completely irresistible.
He's changed me.
Awakened me.
He's everything to me.
He's Arturo King.



I have been a fan of LB Dunbars since stumbling across her first book 'Sound Advice', and I have been very impressed with everything she's written since.

The Legend Of Arturo King is very different from her Sensations series, but equally as great. She has written about Arturo, the rock star with a reputation with the ladies, but that all changes when he sees Guinie Degrance walk through the bar his band is playing at. From that moment on, you know you're about to read a great romance, and the author kept me hooked with her in depth characters, descriptive writing, and brilliant storytelling, I couldn't put this book down.

You will fall in love with Arturo King, it can't be helped, he's gorgeous, and Guinie is equally likeable, in her sometimes fragile way. Although, in the second half of the book we see Guinie grow more independent and strong, which made me love her even more. The supporting characters are written brilliantly, I could picture exactly what they look like, and I look forward to reading their own stories in books to come.

I will give the warning that there is a cliffhanger, and I knew it was coming, I knew there wasn't enough pages left in the book, to have it finish the way I'd predicted. BUT, please don't let the cliffhanger deter you from reading this story. It deserves to be read, loved, and talked about by millions of readers.

I truly believe LB Dunbar is one to watch in 2015. Her previous books are amazing, and I can't wait to read more from this author.

5 HUGE stars!!!!!! A MUST read.

No comments:

Post a Comment