Translucent by Erin Noelle

**WARNING** This book is intended for mature audiences only due to explicit sexual content as well as the graphically violent and psychologically disturbing nature of some scenes. 

Sometimes you reach a point where you just can’t take anymore—a breaking point, some call it. The day I watched my husband murder the woman who was pregnant with his child, my point didn’t just break; it exploded like a full magazine’s worth of hollow points firing through the barrel of a fully-automatic AK-47. Literally. I am no longer his American Princess, nor am I his slave. Now, I’m a murderer in hiding. My name was Bryleigh Carter Oliveira, and that was my story. 

Translucent is one woman's story of breaking free, starting over, and learning to trust again through willful submission.



Review:
   Bryleigh must become a completely new person, to hide from very conniving and powerful people that have hurt her in the past, though living under her new name Blake she still finds herself looking over her shoulder in fear and unable to trust anyone. That is until she meets Madden Decker, who she feels straight away some kind of connection to that makes it hard for her to keep all her protective barriers in place.

   My heart aches for Blake, that she had to go through so much not only when a truly monstrous man from her past took advantage of her naivety but how the memory of his actions still haunt her. Her story will keep you reading in the hope that her journey will in the future become a happier, less troubled one.
Madden decker, good lord if this man could only step out of the pages and into reality. He is delicious...intelligent, charming and drop dead gorgeous, though mostly I love him for his heart, how sweet and tender he is when he discovers just how fragile and broken Blake is.

   Erin Noelle is one of those writers where you can purchase a book of hers without even having to read the description and know that the pages contents will amazing. Translucent is so darn brilliant I think I might go crazy waiting for the next instalment, it is taking some real effort here to not climb into a rocking chair and cling to my kindle and whisper, "I need more, I need more...". Really the only thing stopping me is the fear of being locked in a straight jacket, as it would prevent from reading Translucent over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment