Be My December by Rachel Brookes


I knew the exact moment I’d become a ‘yes’ girl. 
December 16th, a cold winter’s night, four years ago.
The night my innocence was stolen, the night I made the mistake of saying no—a mistake I’d never make again.
The dream of a ‘happily ever after' was now a locked away myth. I promised myself that I’d never return to the place of my worst nightmare, that I’d never let anyone get close, but then again, I never thought I’d meet someone like him.
The intense, confident and beautiful Ky Crawford.

I had no plans to become someone’s Prince Charming.
I couldn’t be. I refused to be. My plan was simple—do whatever it takes to correct my biggest mistake, my one regret that now controlled my life.
I was on track. I had plans, but then everything changed when I saw her—the girl in the red jacket, the girl who I was told couldn’t say no.
The reserved yet stunning Eden Rivers.



A girl who can’t say no.
A guy who craves redemption.
A chance encounter?


It all comes down to this.
One question.
One month.

Be My December? 
                                                                          Goodreads



 Amanda's Review:  
     I feel so hung over, my eyes are heavy my head is pounding, I feel like swatting at any one who comes close and saying to them, "leave me to my corner of misery, I'm tired and my heart is pumping ink through my veins." Then I will beat at the wall with my fist saying, I can't believe it's over. Ok so I may still be a little delirious after staying up to the early hours of the morning reading. This is how Be My December has left me, I hate it, I love it, I want to be living within its pages once more, though I want to skip over some because I'm not sure if I can take any more hurt from some of the horrific themes of this book, that were torturous but necessary to tell Eden and Ky's full story. Rachel Brookes has done a truly amazing job, the story entered my heart and ripped and tore, then stitched and bandaged, I saw the characters, I heard them,  I got to know them as they pulled me into their story.

        Eden Rivers is such a fragile character, with walls that have been destroyed, to be replaced by ones of steel and others of thin layered glass. I cried so many ugly tears whilst reading the reasons why so much of her was so broken
and untrusting, I wanted for her to find someone that could save her from the monsters that haunted her.  Ky Crawford is a man that any woman would find attractive, he is confident, successful, charismatic and extremely protective of those he cares for. He has the potential to help Eden heal, though he does also have a secret, one that has the potential to push her away.

"The idea of flirting with this man was dangerous; it was temperamental and had the ingredients to be beautifully devastating."  

    After a couple of times of running into each other, Eden does feel some sort of connection with Ky, but is too afraid to let him in. Ky fights for what he wants though and what he wants is for Eden to be able to live without crippling fear, he also wants be the one to help her move on and Eden just can't seem to say no to him, even though she is terrified of the consequences. 

"He will treat you like the princess you are, he will treasure every second he is with you and when he isn't with you, he'll be thinking of you."

   Not only does Eden have Ky looking out for her but she also a great friend in Tori, who is strong, supportive, hilarious and a girl who likes to party, with a little touch of crazy, a combination that makes for the perfect best friend. Some of the things she said had me laughing out loud with tears in my eyes, especially funny were some of the comments she had to make about Josh. Josh is Ky's brother and he is also drop dead gorgeous, it is so hard not to fall in love with the both of them reading Be My December. Another awesome character of the story was Ashlyn, not only do her and Eden become good friends, but she has been close friends with the two brothers for years.

      Be My December does touch upon some very hard topics, that had me angry and bawling my eyes out, but it also had endearing main and supporting characters that made me laugh, smile and fall in love. This book is now one of my all time favourites and is definitely one I would recommend. 


Buy links

No comments:

Post a Comment