Honesty by Seth King


“Maybe we weren’t meant to collide. Maybe we were meant to explode.” 

As a closeted teenager in the Deep South with a holy-roller father and the scars to prove it, bookworm Cole Furman has resigned himself to experiencing life and love only within the pages of his favorite novels. But after Nick Flores seems to walk off a page and starts to rewrite his story, Cole finds his dreams spinning into a dazzling – and complicated – reality. 

If you have ever found yourself on the wild breathless thriller ride that is first love, Honesty will rip you back again in screaming color.

   


Review:

How does one review a Seth King book without giving spoilers? I find it extremely easy because I could talk about his writing for days. Seth doesn't sugar coat things. He isn't afraid to write about things that a lot of authors wouldn't and this is why his books are so very special. He is my go to author. I will drop everything to read his books and they consume me in the best possible way. Honesty was no different. I thought about it constantly, even when I wasn't reading it, the story was swirling in my head and it still does. 
I expect a lot from Seth after reading and loving his previous books and 'Honesty' exceeded all my expectations. 

    Seth writes from the heart. No one can deny it. I love the language and the rawness of the story and I felt every emotion that Cole and Nicky went through. I not only read the words, but I felt how much they loved each other. I felt how nervous and awkward they were in many scenes, so much so, I wanted to dive in and console them. This book gave me a whole new understanding on a topic that I hadn't read before and made me realise just how difficult loving a person can be for some. Their love story is one that every person, young or old needs to read and it's one I will never forget. It teaches us that love isn't always easy and even if society is against you, that you should always follow your heart. Never give up on love, because it may only happen once in your life. 

     I call Seth the master of memorable, emotional quotes. I highlight more in one book of his than I have in all the books I've ever read and 'Honesty' was no different.

"You're the closest thing I've ever found to heaven, and I want to live in that heaven while I'm still on earth"

"Don't look down. Nothing down there matters"

"You're like my favourite book. I wish I could go back and read you all over again just to enjoy you twice"

"He was like a book, one of the really good ones where you had to slip away and press your face close to the page and disappear into the world that was slowly opening between the two of you"

If you haven't read a Seth King book before, I urge you to read this book, it is everything and more than I ever expected. If I could describe Seth's writing in one word it would be 'honest' which seems fitting with the title of the book. He writes books like no other I've ever read and I look forward to seeing what journey he will take us on next. 
5 big, beautiful, emotional stars.

~ Kell 





No comments:

Post a Comment