Tank by Carmen Jenner

 
Killer. Criminal. Sociopath.
All of these words have been used to describe me, and for the longest time I believed that that’s all I was.

I’m the man you call in to clean up your mess, assuming your mess is a guy who needs a bullet to the head. I’m the man the MC calls when they want their dirty work done.


I’m the man who doesn’t feel.


Until now.


Until her.


Now my mess is a woman who won’t save herself. I’ll fight like hell to save her, but at what price to the club? And at what cost to me?


Warning: TANK contains graphic violence, profanity, drug use, and explicit sexual situations that may be a trigger and cause some readers emotional discomfort. Intended for an 18+ audience only. Not intended for pussies.





Amanda's Review:

   This is probably one of the hardest reviews I've ever tried writing, there are so many things I want to say, but I've been struggling to find the right words, Carmen Jenner has created a story that left me speechless. Normally I'm able to write my reviews as soon as I finish reading or at least parts of it, but every time over the last hours, since finishing Tank, that I've tried writing something, nothing came out, except crying and small smiles. 

         The crying was for all the ugliest most disgusting of tortures that Ivy and Tank each relived of their separate pasts, for the cruelest moments they experienced at the hands of monsters. What each of them went through, was pain more terrifying and cutting than any other, I found myself wanting to switch off my own emotions so that the weight of what was happening to them would stop breaking my heart as well. However it was impossible not to feel it, to want to smash and scream and break everything in site, to want to stop the excruciating stab of darkness that was threatening to swallow everything in a sea of tears. The only anchor in all of it the bond between Ivy and Tank, that had them fighting to save each other and themselves. Their moments of joy, that gave them a distraction from the horror, was what made me smile. Every time Ivy gave Tank sass and he was a cocky smart ass in return, when he fought for her to let him in and she did, when they realised what they were to the other, I felt it, all of the warmth and the strength that they deserved. 

Ivy had been a woman that would have done anything for a fix, the sweet numbing release that could help her for a while to forget everything else that had destroyed her. Tank was a hardened beast of a man, that never wanted to fall in love, love was a weakness. Together they changed so much. They may have gone through hell, but their shattered pieces were glued back together with only the smallest of cracks left that would no longer define their weaknesses but remind them all of their strength. 

        This book was dark, it was terrifying and the characters Ivy and Tank are what made it beautiful. Carmen Jenner told their story with such depth that she didn't just give us a look into their haunted memories, she gave us all of who they became. A truly phenomenal read, that will break readers in the most agonising of ways and then give them just enough to overcome it.
 5/5 ❤️s
A story I'll never forget.




No comments:

Post a Comment