The Talented Mr. Maxwell by Julia Harlow


This was the first book by Julia Harlow that I've read and I really enjoyed it. I loved the idea of a story about a male model at the later stage of his career, and a journalist that is sent to write his biography. I instantly saw the comparison to fifty shades of grey, but that was where the similarities stopped. What the author has written is a romance that is quite simply love at first sight for both of the main characters Dorrie and Grant. Dorrie is swept off her feet by Grant, and Grant is totally head over heels , however, this book isn't all about the romance. There is plenty of storyline to keep us guessing, and it definitely kept me reading to find out how it all works out. I was worried there for a while, not sure if my hopes for the story would unfold, but I was more than happy with the eventual outcome. The way Ms Harlow writes is addictive, and there is so much depth to her storytelling, that this won't be last book I read from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment