The Fire Between High & Lo (Romance Elements #2) By Brittainy C. Cherry


There once was a boy, and I loved him. 

Logan Francis Silverstone and I were complete opposites. I danced, and he stood still. He was quiet, while I ran my mouth. He struggled to find a smile, and I refused to frown. 

The night I saw the darkness that truly lived inside of him, I couldn't look away. 

We were broken together, yet somehow whole. We were wrong together, but always right. We were the stars that burned across the night sky, searching for a wish, praying for better tomorrows. 

Until the day I lost him. He threw us away with one hasty decision--a decision that changed us forever. 

There once was a boy, and I loved him. 

And for a few breaths, a few whispers, a few moments, I think he loved me, too.



Review:
   This Book, oh my gosh this book! Brittainy C. Cherry gets me every time with the feels. Her words burrow their way under my skin and move through the bloodstream right to my heart, flooding it with warmth.  Every single word and emotion that leaves me feeling cold or broken, is soon replaced by all the ones Ms.Cherry joins to create beautiful sentiments on life and love. The Fire Between High and Lo is not just a book to be read, it is one to be felt.

    Within the first few chapters readers are introduced to both main characters, Alyssa and Logan, two young people who came from different sides of the track though still shared something in common. They bond over their feelings of loneliness, and insecurities that they are not enough for those they love, finding a sense of comfort in each other as they grow closer and closer. They become the support the other so desperately wanted, but life has never been easy for either and soon a series of events comes between the two and leaves them divided. Five years pass where Logan and Alyssa do not see each other, five hard years where words of I miss you were heartbreaking to read. When the time comes that the two again come face to face, more thought and words of heartache are shared; however there are also ones that lift the spirit as well.

   With every sentence of this story Brittainy C. Cherry took me to a place from reality where I was walking invisible besides the characters, leaving me aching when I could not give them words of hope or encouragement in times of sadness, and elated when they were living within happy and treasured moments. Both Alyssa and Logan were impossible not to empathise with; their backgrounds could have made them cold and cruel personalities, but instead Alyssa was this gentle soul who always held hope that there was a good side to almost everyone and Logan, though angry, always tried to protect and care for those he loved. If they were ever selfish, it was because they were trying not to be, always doing what they thought was best. Another admirable quality about them was that they were able to forgive, as hard as it may have been in some cases, they looked past it to all the things they loved in the other. The love shown between them was something that could both break and repair reader’s hearts. 

  There is more to this story than just the relationship shared by Alyssa and Logan, the side characters also played a major role in defining who they were and who they became. Brittainy writes with such emotion that no character of the story felt unbelievable, there were some to be hated, others to be feared and there were also ones to be loved. I can’t even tell you how many times I wanted to throw my kindle, how many tears I cried or how many times I smiled, all I can tell you is I felt every part of The Fire Between High and Lo and it was magnificent. Yet another story by this brilliant author that I want to read over and over again.

❤️ Amanda


PURCHASE LINKS
Amazon US       Amazon UK     Amazon AU

ALSO AVAILABLE IN THE ROMANCE ELEMENTS SERIES

#1 The Air He Breathes


AUTHOR BIO

Brittainy Cherry has been in love with words since the day she took her first breath. She graduated from Carroll University with a Bachelors Degree in Theatre Arts and a minor in Creative Writing. She loves to take part in writing screenplays, acting, and dancing--poorly of course. Coffee, chai tea, and wine are three things that she thinks every person should partake in! Brittainy lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with her family. When she's not running a million errands and crafting stories, she's probably playing with her adorable pets.
  

AUTHOR LINKS






No comments:

Post a Comment