I Hear...Love (A Different Road Book Two) by Annalisa Nicole

Kate Mason at twenty-three, feels as though she has lived through enough sorrow and pain to fill generations of lifetimes. On the outside, she wears a beautiful mask. On the inside, she’s a million, jagged, broken pieces. She blames herself, not only for her parent’s death, but for her brother’s blindness.

For Kate there is no hope of silencing the chaos in her head. There is no forgiveness for what she has done to her family, or herself. There will never be anyone to love her and her shattered past.

Cooper Sullivan recently moved to Malibu and was immediately adopted by a stray black lab he named Sadie. Cooper soon realizes there is something very special about Sadie when she is drawn to a beautiful woman, with a kaleidoscope of emotions that churn deep in her eyes.

Cooper sees Kate’s broken pieces scattered all around her, but he finds himself wanting to show her just how beautiful each piece is. Underneath her mask, he sees an even more beautiful woman, and he wants to help her put the broken pieces back together.

When you are broken you can never be fully put back together. There are always tiny slivers here and there that can never be replaced.

Can Kate finally silence the noise enough to forgive herself and hear the one thing she desires most?
Can one truly hear…love?

Add to Goodreads: bit.ly/1QxzSGr
Cover Designer: Najla Qamber Designs
Editor: LTE Editing


Amanda's Review:
 I've read every single book Annalisa Nicole has released and each one has captured all of my senses, taking me into the lives of the characters and leading me along their paths with them. My emotions become invested, with every low bringing sadness, despair and sometimes anger, and the highs bringing so, so much joy that pulls me back up from the hardest of falls. When I started reading I hear...Love, I wasn't quite sure that the highs would be enough this time around, because with the first chapters Annalisa pulled me so deep into a heartbreaking topic that it felt impossible that I'd be able to break free from the grip it held upon me. I should have known better, because with beauty and brilliance, the strength of the characters and the love they shared was able to guide me from the crushing depths, just as Annalisa's words have always done with her other books. This story may be the hardest I've ever had to read, but it also one of the most touching, cementing its place in my all time favourites. 

    The story begins with the readers introduction to Kate and a traumatic event from her past that still haunts her. Standing upon the beach, close to her new home where she is staying with her brother, she is thinking of the memories that came close to ending her life. Whilst remembering all that has happened, a beautiful dog approaches Kate and offers her comfort by nudging Kate's hand with it's snout. It is from there that we are introduced to Sadie and her owner Cooper, two souls who would have a hugely positive impact on Kate's life. 

    Each of the moments that Kate travelled back in time, was absolutely heartbreaking and Annalisa Nicole worded those moments so perfectly, that every single feeling was impossible not to be felt by the reader. Depression is such a crippling illness, it is difficult to be able to cope with the thoughts and negativity that constantly bombard you, the world becomes a very dark place full of triggers that only deepen the sadness. It can be extremely hard to look forward to what lays ahead when the light has been shaded by pain. Seeing Kate go through that was gut-wrenching, I was crying so hard, that I could barely see the screen of my iPad and was hurting so much I wasn't sure I could continue reading. So I took a break, went for a walk then came back home, made a good strong cuppa, grabbed another box of tissues and then dived back in.

  It was with the help of Sadie and Cooper that Kate was able to escape a few more of the bonds threatening to suffocate her, but the most amazing part of the story was her courage and the strength she found to fight. Every time Kate took a step forward, I found myself crying again, only this time with tears of joy. When the depression tried to beat her, she started to search for ways to cope, seeking out the bright sparks in her life.  Including her family, her friends and her passion, as well as the beauty in some of the little things of life. She started to fight back, not only for those around her, but for herself as well, it was truly special to see. Of course though there were still moments when she needed the support of family and friends, which was provided spectacularly by Cooper, Sadie, Joss and her brother, River. 

   At times River hurt Kate's feelings, by being controlling, which was part of the story that made me a little cranky because I just wanted to shake the man, but eventually I understood he was only doing what he thought best to protect his sister. Sadie is without a doubt one of the best pets I've ever read, she had a very intuitive nature when it came to sensing times of trouble and did everything she could to look out for Kate and was a true example of why dogs are said to be a 'mans best friend. 

   Cooper! There are so many things I could say about that man, but I'll try to keep it short. He knew exactly what Kate needed, was her strength when she struggled to find her own and always showed her kindness. He wasn't selfish, he was compassionate and forgiving, honorable and funny, he is the perfect guy and just the right type of person for Kate to be around.

    I think some readers who may have struggled with depression will find a little bit of hope in this story, and others who haven't might have a better understanding of what it is. A truly extraordinary read, that will stay with me for a very long time to come. Thank you, Annalisa Nicole, for putting into words, that which so many struggle to voice, I truly believe this story has the power to make those who might be in need, to reach out and ask for help. ❤️




Amazon US.    Amazon UK.      Amazon AU.      Amazon CA

No comments:

Post a Comment