Sound Advice by L.B. Dunbar

“Nana’s Rules to Live By”

Gentlemen should always open the door for a lady.

I was busy and I didn’t have time for a vacation, let alone a weekend away. When a frantic phone call from an old neighbor brought me to my grandmother’s summer home, I wasn’t prepared for an extended stay. And I especially wasn’t prepared for the man holding the door open to the radio repair shop who made a lasting first impression.

In attempts at a relationship, a gentleman should always make the first move.

Calling Jess Carter’s clenched jaw and denim-colored eyes part of his standoffish manner was an understatement. His brooding exterior bordered on being downright rude. From the moment I bumped into him, quite literally, our lives began to intertwine in a way that made me question what I wanted.

Children should be seen and not heard.

Jess had secrets and I was determined to get to the bottom of them. Even he didn’t know the solutions to all his problems, I wanted to help. In doing so, I might have drawn too close to the truth, forcing Jess to risk something he wasn’t sure he could chance again. I had decisions to make for myself and it’s hard to know whose advice to take when so many questions remain unanswered.

The first novel in the Sensations Collection visits small town romance filled with big hearts. Sweet, sexy, summertime.


Once I started reading this book, I couldn't stop! I loved everything about Sound Advice, the characters were a delight to read, and the way the author wrote the scenery, I could picture in my head exactly how the town of Elk Rapids looked, it made me want to visit this little town, and stroll the main street, (mainly looking for Jess). Although, at first, I was hesitant about Jess' character, and I wasn't sure he was right for the heroine, Emily, I soon warmed to him, and kept hoping they would get together.

Emily is visiting her Nana in Elk Rapids, and soon finds, that she is needed for longer than was first expected, as her Nana is suffering from the first signs of Alzheimers. She builds friendships with the townsfolk , and becomes attached to Jess' daughter, Katie. Katie hasn't spoken since her Mum ran off and left her alone to wait for her Dad (Jess) to get home, and Emily makes it her mission to help Katie communicate, without talking. What follows is a beautiful friendship with Emily and Katie, in fact the whole town grows fond of Emily, and they don't want her to leave, as Emily was finding that life in Elk Rapids wasn't so bad either. This book takes you on a journey, that you will not want to miss.

I loved everything about Sound Advice, and I hope you decide to read it. This book had me crying a few times, so, you might need your tissues handy. A truly wonderful book!

No comments:

Post a Comment