Be My December by Rachel Brookes

     So this week for Book of the Week we are going to do a little rewind to one of our favourites. When this book first came out, Kell and I both read it and were left with massive book hangovers (which you can read about in our original reviews following the blurb), Be My December is definitely one you should add to your TBR list if you haven't been already. xoxo


Blurb:
I knew the exact moment I’d become a ‘yes’ girl. 
December 16th, a cold winter’s night, four years ago.
The night my innocence was stolen, the night I made the mistake of saying no—a mistake I’d never make again.
The dream of a ‘happily ever after' was now a locked away myth. I promised myself that I’d never return to the place of my worst nightmare, that I’d never let anyone get close, but then again, I never thought I’d meet someone like him.
The intense, confident and beautiful Ky Crawford.

I had no plans to become someone’s Prince Charming.
I couldn’t be. I refused to be. My plan was simple—do whatever it takes to correct my biggest mistake, my one regret that now controlled my life.
I was on track. I had plans, but then everything changed when I saw her—the girl in the red jacket, the girl who I was told couldn’t say no.
The reserved yet stunning Eden Rivers.



A girl who can’t say no.
A guy who craves redemption.
A chance encounter?


It all comes down to this.
One question.
One month.

Be My December? 
                                                                          Goodreads

Kells review: 
    Having recently finished this incredible book, I had to share with you my thoughts to try and help me get over my book hangover. I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!

If you are looking for a book with love, angst, terrific characters, lots of emotions, and one of the best book boyfriends I've ever had the pleasure of reading, then Be My December is for you. I have loved Rachel Brookes' books since reading Just Breathe and the Breathe series, and her writing keeps getting better and better. I believe this is her best book so far, it had everything I love in a story. 

In Be My December, we read about Eden Rivers, who has spent the last 4 years pretending to be someone she's not. Saying yes to everything and everyone, because she knows that if you say no, the unthinkable might happen. The last time she did say no, it was the worst night of her life, and she is still hasn't recovered 4 years later. She returns to the one place she didn't want to see again, New York, for a once in a lifetime job opportunity and soon meets Ky 
Crawford, that, even though he isn't looking for love, protects her, and admires her, he also has a few secrets of his own. Ky, is one of my favourite leading men in a book. He has everything, the good looks, great job, faithful to the people close to him, and he's a die hard romantic that will leave you swooning like no other. 

The characters are great to read, I especially loved reading a few familiar and favourite characters from Rachel's previous 'Breathe' Series that made me feel so comfortable knowing that they are featured here as well. Ky, his brother Josh, and his best friend Ashlyn, are a tight knit group that are protective of each other, and their friendship is one of a kind, but, it is Eden that is the star here, she puts on a brave, tough face, but, is so very vulnerable and fragile on the inside. The roller coaster of emotions and heartache this girl goes through, pulled at my heart strings, and left me wanting to jump right in the book to make everything right for her.

I can honestly say that Be My December has jumped straight onto my favourite books of all time list. You will love it, and if you are like me, you will read it in one sitting, as it is a hard book to put down. I still have this story and these characters constantly in my mind, and I'm sure they will be there for a very long time. I highly recommend Be My December to each and every one of you. Enjoy reading it, and have the tissues handy, as I had lots of cry baby moments. <3 Kell


Buy links

No comments:

Post a Comment