Cowboy Redemption (Down Under Cowboy #6) by Kasey Millstead

Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.
Bruce Lee

Kennedy:
If you learn from your mistakes, you’ll be a better person.
Life is all about making mistakes. I’ve made a lot of them in life, and learned from none of them. Until now. My biggest mistake of all was letting him go.

Kye:
I had it all. Money. Fame. Success.
Then I lost it.
I thought I finally had my life back on track when I found her.
But one slip-up and I lost everything. Again.

Kennedy Crawley spends her days helping others conquer their demons at Hope and Chance Retreat, in Australia’s Northern Territory. After spending her life being someone even she didn’t like, she finally sought the courage to overhaul her life, dreams, and aspirations. Now, she’s determined to stay on track and be a better person.

Kye Austin was living his dream life as a professional football player. Until the day his sins caught up with him. He was sent to Hope and Chance Retreat to get his life back on track. After winning his battle, he decides to stay in the area and try to win the affections of Kennedy.

There’s just one problem: she’s not interested.


Cowboy Redemption can be read as a standalone, however, the author recommends reading the series in order.




Kells Review:
I love all of Kasey's Cowboy books, and this was another great read.
Cowboy Redemption features Kennedy, Ava's sister from an earlier book in the series. Kennedy was the sister we loved to hate. She was jealous of Ava and she didn't hesitate to bully her.
In This book, however, we see a totally different side to Kennedy. She's grown up, and I must say, I really like her. She meets Kye at a retreat for people that are sent there instead of juvenile detention or in the adults' case, jail. Kye is an ex football player that couldn't handle his alcohol. Alcohol made him angry and aggressive.

Kye's connection with Kennedy is instant, only neither of them have the nerve to act on their feelings. After a while, they realise they can't fight their feelings any longer and decide to take things further. Kye and Kennedy are like a normal couple, they are great for each other, but they can argue like the best of them. That's what makes them so real, that it's not all hearts and roses, and it definitely isn't smooth sailing for this pair. I loved this couple just as much as any other of Kasey's cowboy couples. Never a dull moment in Pine Creek, that's for sure!

This is Kasey's sixth book in the Down Under Cowboy series, and I have loved each and every one of them. She has the knowledge and the ability to draw us in to these books and have us falling in love with these Aussie cowboys in no time. They are easy books to read, and not too long in length, so her books are usually read in one night by me. I get hooked and can't sleep until I've finished.

If you haven't read the previous books, I highly recommend that you do. This book can definitely be read as a stand alone, but you will recognise the characters that have featured in previous books better, if you read the others.

I believe Kasey has one more book to write in this series, and I will be sad that it has come to an end. These cowboy books are fun to read and very addictive. I have no hesitation in recommending them to all my reader friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment