Cowboy Town (Down Under Cowboy, #1) by Kasey Millstead


Ever since her parents passed away in a tragic car accident, Eden Cross has been living a quiet, stable and predictable life in inner Sydney – the total opposite of her carefree, relaxed, happy-go-lucky past. Her parents passing and the fact she’s an only child meant Eden was left with her best friend, Jules and Matt, her boyfriend of three years as her only family. That was until she discovered something about Matt that would turn her life upside down. Eden leaves Sydney in a hurry and begins an adventure that takes her across four Australian states before she lands in Pine Creek, Northern Territory.

Jackson Henley has lived in Pine Creek his entire life. He runs a massive cattle and cropping station with his twin brother, Jeremy, which they inherited when their parents retired. He’s had a bad experience with relationships courtesy of The Bitch - Dannika, so lately he’s preferred to play the field. That is, until he comes face to face with the stunning brunette beauty who’s behind the bar at the Cow and Calf. The problem is, she won’t tell him her name, she won’t give him the time of day, and she won’t give him a chance to prove himself.

What’s it going to take for Eden to give Jackson a chance? Does he have the patience to even bother fighting for her? How will he handle the competition?

In the end, will Jackson have what it takes to convince Eden to start living again, instead of just existing?



Kells Review:
Before I started reading Cowboy Town, I was in a bit of a reading slump. I was reading books to review on our blog, and I just couldn't get into them. I picked up Cowboy Town to read, as Kasey is attending an author signing I'm going to, and I'd like to read a book by each author. Well, I was pleasantly surprised!!
1. This book bought me out of my book slump.
2. I am now addicted to her characters, and HAVE to read every book in this series.
3. Kasey writes about Aussie cowboys, what more could you possibly need.

Cowboy Town is about city girl, Eden, that needs to escape city life, after finding out her boyfriend is cheating on her. She travels around Australia, and finds herself in a little town in the Northern Territory called Pine Creek, and as soon as she gets there, she knows this is where she belongs. Eden fits in with the town folk, and lands herself a job at the local pub, where she also lives. One night, in walks cowboy twins, Jackson and Jeremy Henley, and Jackson is immediately drawn to Eden. On the other side of things, Eden finds Jackson totally annoying, so, be prepared for fireworks between these 2. The relationship between Eden and Jackson takes a while to take off, as Eden doesn't give in to Jackson's charm, even though she feels an attraction to him, she hears things that convince her is no good for her. I found Jackson so loveable, a hot cowboy that will do anything to get his girl is irresistible, and Eden was a great leading lady that I really enjoyed reading. She was strong willed, but nervous at times, with a great sense of humour. I found her to be very believable.
As the story goes on, we meet lots of the Pine Creek locals, including 'Ava', who befriends Eden, and along with Jules, (who travels to visit Eden from the city,) these 3 instantly become the best of friends. The have so much fun together, you just want to be part of their group.

I loved reading Cowboy Town, it's an enjoyable fun read, that isn't too long, and I guarantee you'll fall in love with the characters in this book, and the town of Pine Creek. I was thrilled to find out Kasey has written more books in this series, that tells the story of other characters from Cowboy Town. You can read them as stand alones, but, I'd advise you read them in order, so, you keep up with who's who.

I hope you love this book as much as I did.





No comments:

Post a Comment