Family Secrets by Kasey Millstead


Family SecretsKasey Millstead can do no wrong. She can write any genre, and have readers loving what she writes every time.
With "Family Secrets' she takes on the 'step brother' subject, and I must admit, I haven't read any other step brother stories, and I was a little sceptical of how it would work, but I was surprised and loved this book. This was thanks to Kasey's brilliant storytelling, I kept forgetting that the main characters' parents had married.
Like Kasey's other books, this one is is a fairly short read, and thats what I love about them. There's no bouncing from one emotion to the next, and back and forth over and over, we get straight to the story from the start and there's always plenty going on to keep readers interested.
Family Secrets is about Cassie and Brock and their chance meeting years after being split apart, that leads us to the secret being revealed. Our main characters are brilliant, with Cassie being so easy to love and empathise with, and there's Brock, he is a charmer that will sweep you off your feet.
Without giving too much away (I don't want to reveal the secret), I just want you to know that this book is worth the read. I guarantee if you start reading, you'll have it read in one night. It's addictive!!!
I found this to have lots of emotion (yes, I needed lots of tissues in certain spots), which isn't the norm in some of Kasey's books, but she wrote it like she'd been writing this way forever.
Highly recommended. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment