Life After Light by E.S. Maria

Hannah Mackenzie is perfection. She's effortlessly beautiful, intelligent, and popular, and is about to head to the big city to pursue a law degree at one of Sydney's best universities. Joining her is boyfriend Paul, aka Mr. Perfect.

Yes, Hannah has it all.
A perfect life. A perfect love.
She feels invincible.
That is, until one night, when she realises that she is not.

One by one, the perfect pieces of her life starts falling apart.
And she's losing it all.
Her perfect life. Her perfect love.
Now all she has left is darkness.

And as if her life isn't complicated enough, it turns for the worse upon the return of Atticus Foster. Hannah once saw past his fractured soul, and she gave him her heart three years ago, only to have it shattered when he suddenly left town without saying goodbye. Now he's back, forcing her to question if the perfection she sought was just to guise the broken heart she could, yet wouldn't mend.

This is Hannah Mackenzie's story of great love, of heartbreak, of devastating loss, of forgiveness through acceptance. But most of all, this is Hannah's realisation, that the only way to break through the darkness is to allow her heart to lead the way.

***This is a standalone novel and appropriate for readers aged 15 years and above.***


I have read other books by ES Maria and loved them, so I didn't hesitate picking up another of her books to read, and I am so glad I did.

Life After Light is one of the most beautiful stories I've ever read. Packed with emotion, heartache, brilliant story telling and some very loveable characters, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it to everyone I know.

It is hard to write a descriptive review without giving too much away, and I don't do spoilers.
Life after Light is a book that grabs you from the first chapter, and it had me intrigued on how it would pan out. I wasn't disappointed at all.

Hannah is our main female character in this, and it is impossible not to like her. Again, without giving too much away, it must have been difficult at times for ES Maria to write Hannah's character, but, I must say, she handled it with ease. I felt Hannah's struggles, and wanted to be there for her to give her help. She is a strong girl that can take on the world, even if she doesn't believe it at the beginning. The supporting characters are brilliant, with the very swoon worthy Atticus being my favourite. At times I was unsure of his intentions, but he has this charm that draws you in. Hannah's family are brilliant and made me laugh and cry several times through the book. Speaking of crying, this book is an emotional book, especially in the last 15% of the story. Yes, there was even sobbing at times, so have your tissues close by, you'll need them.

I highly recommend Life After Light to each and every one of you.

I loved it, and could read it over and over again.

5 HUGE STARS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment