All That Glisters by C.J.Fallowfield



The spin off to the best-selling erotic romance standalone, The Temptress. 

Hunter Donovan. He was everything I openly loathed, but everything I secretly desired. 

Cocky, arrogant, and crude. When Hunter wanted something, he pursued, relentlessly, until he got it. And right now, I was his prey. The trouble was, I didn’t want to be added to his endless list of conquests. 

Gorgeous, masculine, with a body made for sin. The most perfect specimen of male I’d ever set eyes on, and he knew it. The trouble was, I saw the pain he was trying to hide, and I wanted to heal him. 

He wanted my body, but I wanted his heart. 

Coco Barella. She was everything I openly desired, but everything I’d convinced myself I didn’t need. 

Beautiful, sexy, and sassy, all of the qualities that I wanted in my bed. Compassionate, loving, and perfect, all of the qualities I didn’t need in my life. 

I needed to pull her to me, but at the same time I wanted to push her away. 

When the sexual magnetism between two people is so hot, that it can scorch everything around it to ash, who will emerge from the flames victorious? 

A standalone erotic romance novel, which contains adult content and is only suitable for the over 18’s.


Amanda's Review

   I really enjoy C.J. Fallowfield's writing style, her sense of humour is hilarious and her characters never fail to make me laugh, as well as that she writes a captivating story. So I knew that before even diving in, I was going to love All that Glisters. 

    Coco Barella is a creative and extremely talented jewellery designer, after a couple of years of self-employment she is offered a job at an upmarket jewellers where she will be working under and closely with the deliciously hot, but extremely big-headed Hunter Donovan. From their first encounter she is immediately attracted to him, but knows he is trouble and so has no intention of sleeping with him, Hunter however has other ideas. 

   One of my most favourite type of book boyfriends are those that start out as the cocky guy who is so annoyingly arrogant that most readers just want to straight up slap him in the face, until they find out there is a whole other side to him that makes stomachs flutter and hearts melt; Hunter Donovan is the perfect example of this. As much as Hunter tried to deny it, beneath his conceited and extremely hot exterior, there was a sweet and caring guy just trying to protect himself from heartbreak. Coco saw this side of him and along with the chemistry that sizzled between them from their very first meeting, it only further fuelled her attraction towards him, however there was still the matter of his rather egotistical facade that had her wanting to run far, far away in the opposite direction. Though with Hunter being her boss, there is no chance of that happening and with the more time they spend together Coco soon finds her reasons for not wanting to sleep with him becoming outweighed by her desire for him.

    The back and forth between them was thoroughly enthralling with moments of comedy, drama and feeling. There were some unexpected moments too that only further added to their relationship and the story. Each of the characters and surrounds, were well defined, which made it easy to follow and to picture the scenes that played out between them. Not only was it enjoyable to read about Coco and Hunter's journey, but I loved seeing parts of the personalities of their co-workers, friends and family as well; even just some of their acquaintances that made a very short appearance in their lives. 

   I loved that jackhammer Marc featured again (also mentioned in Until We Collide written by C.J. under Charlotte Fallowfield) and kind of really hope he gets his own book, where some one will let him on the fact that lady parts are a little more fragile than concrete slabs. Another character I recognised as well was Dom, a hilarious and loveable guy, plus totally awesome best friend, he had me constantly laughing out loud, and wanting to tear up a little over how great he was at caring for Coco. Other characters that had a real impact were Benny, plus Coco's papa and Nonna, with their kind big hearts and great advice it was hard not to love them.

   C.J is truly gifted in creating characters and stories that make readers feel all kinds of emotion, I really loved Coco and Hunter's story and if you enjoy a good hate to love story then you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment