Tatted Cowboy (Down Under Cowboys, #4) by Kasey Millstead



Tatted Cowboy Laura & Luke

One moment was all it took for my entire life to shatter.
One moment.
I had everything . . . and then, I had nothing.
When all you’re left with are the pieces of your broken heart, there’s nothing you can do, except try to rebuild. So, that’s what I did.

One moment was all it took for me to feel the first flutter of hope I’d had in a long time.
One moment.
He barrelled into my life, covered in tattoos and surrounded by an aura that enraptured me, determined to be the glue that held every broken piece of me together.
I wanted to push him away, because I was scared to lose anyone else I loved.
But, I wanted to hold him close because without him, my life was empty.






  I am a reader that reads every page of a book, including the dedication, author notes and acknowledgements. I started this book and I was crying before the story even started! Is that possible? It is when the author puts her heart and soul out there for everyone to read. Kasey Millstead decided she'd write some of her most personal feelings and experiences in her dedications and author notes to help us understand a bit about the background of this beautiful story, and it had me crying like a baby before chapter 1.

Tatted Cowboy introduces to Laura, that has had, well and truly, her fair share of heartbreak in her life. She moves to her childhood town of Pine Creek to live with her Grandmother to escape the stares and pity from the locals where she currently lives. She loves being back in town mixing with her old friends and school mates, and she loves the freedom of just being Laura, where no one knows what she's been through. While at Pine Creeks local pub, she runs into (literally) local tattooist, Luke, who is known by locals as a good guy, and her friends try and convince Laura, he'd be good for her. As Laura settles into town life, she buys her own beauty salon and finds a place to live on her own, and Luke makes sure he's never too far away. We watch their relationship as it grows, although not without a few twists and turns along the way, it is a beautiful romance to read. Luke is one hell of a leading man that will leave you swooning, and wanting to move to Pine Creek in hope of finding him. I also, really loved Laura's character, she was a strong independent woman, that wasn't afraid to take risks, but, also needed protecting in times of need. She was also extremely fragile through certain parts of the book, even though she put on a brave face, Luke always knew when she was troubled. The supporting characters are ones that we've known and loved from previous stories from the author, with a few new characters for us to love and cherish. Laura's Gran was a stand out for me, she was a beautiful soul that would move heaven and earth to make things better for her grand daughter, and at times she was very cheeky in playing match maker.

I have read all the books in the Down Under Cowboy series, and I've loved all of them, but, I'll admit, this one is my favourite. Luke is the ultimate book boyfriend, and I guarantee he'll steal your heart.

Tatted Cowboy can be read as a stand alone book, but, I do enjoy recognising previous characters from her other stories in this series, so, I'd advise you read the others first.

I look forward to reading more of Kasey's cowboys in the future, but, those cowboys will have to be good to beat Luke as my favourite. ;)

5 HUGE stars for this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment